Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Lovely, Active Day!

Dad had to go back to work, and we're taking the week off of school so we decided to do something fun.  I woke up before the kids and spent a lovely hour on my beloved reformer.  When the kids woke up, we got our warm clothes on, bundled up, packed some snacks, and piled in the car.  Simeon got some snowshoes for Christmas so now we all have a pair.  We drove up American Fork Canyon and started our hike.


Olivia and Jayda were such troopers!


This little fella, on the other hand, was a bit of a pill.  He first complained that he was too hot, so we stripped him down, then he started crying that he was too cold, so we bundled him back up.  His gloves filled up with snow one of the many times he biffed it, so I gave him my enormous gloves.

Kids and dog are having a great time!

I was so glad I thought to bring the sled.  Simeon got tired so he needed a little ride.

It was so beautiful up there.  It was snowing gently and seemed so peaceful.

The dog was in absolute heaven and probably doubled what we walked.

My happy feet on a happy day.
When we got home, I played the dance game with the girls for longer than I'd like to admit.  Luckily no one showed up for yoga in the evening so I could take a little break.  I love busy, active days like this, good for the body and rejuvenating for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment