Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas knitting

Last year I made this knitted, felted poinsettia wreath- It was a bit time consuming but the results are totally worth it- for the pattern and instructions: pick up sticks

I may be insane, but all this knitting has made my fingers bleed and I'm wearing a wrist brace! I might have gotten in a bit over my head.  I should have known when I left the store with $100 in yarn that I had bit off more than I could chew.  So here are a few of the things I've been working on.

I found this awesome pattern for a 1940's watch cap on Ravelry and decided it would be perfect for my nephew- he saw me making a little bag for his sister and begged me to make something for him- little did he know it was already in the works.
I love the finished look- it's hard to see here but the top makes kind of a criss-cross pattern and the ribbing is lovely.

I made this scarf for my sister-in-law (I drew her name) and because she is a bit tricky to buy for, I decided a unique scarf would work well.  It's super long and big and chunky- it's a larger version of the orange scarf I made for my daughter for her birthday.

For my older young women (Laurels) who I'm over, I made them each a scarflette.  They were so sweet when I gave them out on Sunday, hopefully they all got the color they want.  
I've also knitted my little boy a tie, knitted a bag for my niece, helped my daughter finish her 3 scarves that she made and am now working on a bigger bag for my other daughter (won't be ready by Christmas) so she can carry her ballet stuff in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment