Thursday, September 22, 2011

Staycation without kids...

The week before homeschool started, my parents took my kids with them to Lake Powell- without me!  I was actually thrilled because I was starting to feel stressed after having such a fun summer and I needed to learn the new spelling program we are doing this year and get everything organized.  It turned out to be just the perfect thing- 4 days with no kids and all day to myself.  I cleaned like crazy, studied the new program, listened to the cd's for the new program, went to the pool alone, got a pedicure and spent a lot of time with Petter.  I think retirement will be pretty fun!  We went on a nice hike (after I spent the day at the pool and the library) and went on dates every night!

I was happy to have the kids come home when it was over, and I missed them a lot, but it sure was nice to have a little me time!  We will have to do this a few times a year- it was the perfect recharge.

No comments:

Post a Comment