Monday, March 14, 2011

Norwegian Pancakes





My father in law is a great cook and baker. He has a bunch of recipes from the Mother-land stored in his head and not any written down. Getting recipes from him is a little bit tricky too because his measurements are a bit different than what anyone is used to: instead of cups and tablespoons he says to add about a scoop of this and a shake of that and to whisk it until it's the consistency of paint. So after years of practice, I am pleased to announce that I have now mastered his famous Norwegian pancakes. I tweaked them a little bit: he adds heavy cream and I add a bit of vanilla protein powder, but all the other ingredients are the same: flour, vanilla, buttermilk. They are a lot like crepes but much better. My kids love them and it's a tradition that if we go to Grandma and Grandpas house any time before noon, he's going to make them for us.
We all like to eat them in different ways: Olivia loves them with raspberries, Simeon and Jayda like them sprinkled with sugar, Petter likes them all ways possible, and I like them with either a few slices of brown goat cheese, or a few fried eggs.

Served with some fresh-squeezed orange juice- it makes a great meal!
The next recipe to master: his Birthday cream cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment