Monday, June 27, 2011

Girls Camp!

What an amazing week! We went to girls camp at Heber Valley Camp and had an amazing, fun, testimony building time. We did so many things and I have so many girls (44) it's hard to fit it all in one post of a blog- so I just included a few highlights.
They have so much to do at camp: hikes, canoeing, challenge course, and more hikes.
We took the girls on a "Virtue Hike" where they learned what virtue is, how it relates to the Temple and the Savior, and we had them make a commitment to live virtuous lives
We all got a sweatshirt, water bottle, and a bag with the theme for camp "Lengthen Your Stride"
Our ward decided to be treasure seekers who live by the water (they wouldn't let us be Pirates), we had some amazing decorations and props to make it feel authentic.
I felt so lucky to be able to spend 5 whole days with these amazing girls and leaders, I learned so much about myself and being a leader to this huge group. I loved watching the girls learn and grow and have their testimonies strengthened. We were blessed with beautiful weather, lots of wildlife (including a bear), and an amazing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment