Sunday, October 2, 2011

Last Swim

I am mourning summer.  We had such a fun-filled, active, busy summer and it's hard to say goodbye.  On Friday we went for one last swim before they put the cover on the pool we go to.  It was fun to have Petter's cousin, Lillian and her daughter Sophia join us as they visit from Norway.  Laurel and Bella also came and we had so much fun we didn't want to leave.  



The sun is already casting a longer shadow and as I sat watching my kids swim and felt the sun on my back, I realized it was one of my final summer moments.  Especially today when the sky is full of dark clouds, I can tell it's over.  Sad, and good- Fall is probably my favorite time of year and there will be lots of leaves to run through and hikes to go on and soup to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment